- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 1 1/2 c. frozen strawberries
- 3 Tbsp. chia seeds, whole
- juice of 1 lemon wedge
- Combine the water and maple syrup together in a small pan and bring to a light boil. Simmer over low heat.
- Add 1 c. of the frozen strawberries and allow the strawberries to soften for a minute. Using an immersion blender, blend the strawberries in the pot until smooth. You can use a blender too, just make sure you return it back to the pot.
- Add the other 1/2 c. of frozen strawberries jam mix until heated through (another minute). Using the immersion blender again, lightly blend, leaving big chunks of strawberries in the mix. Mix in thelemon juice.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the chia seeds. Place into a mason jar and allow to fully cool.
- Chill in the fridge to firm up. Will stay fresh in the fridge for 2 weeks.