I know what you’re thinking: Great, another chia seed jam recipe…whoopdie doo. Look, I know I am not inventing the wheel here and as a matter of fact, I actually already have 2 recipes from several years back for a Blackberry Chia Seed Jam and a Peach Basil Chia Seed Jam. But I have to say that this is my favorite to date! I tweaked the blackberry recipe around to create a yummy strawberry-flavored ridiculously easy homemade jam, ready in 10 minutes, and man it’s a sure winner! Perfect for the mom-on-the-go who needs to make healthy, whole food-filled recipes and fast for her family.
What I love about this recipe is that it’s a healthier option for your kids. Using minimal ingredients that are easy to find at the store and isn’t brimming with refined sugar; it’s sheer perfection. The strawberries really sweeten this naturally so you only need a touch of maple syrup to liven it up. I also love how it isn’t too firm like jelly is but more loose like homemade jam.
Note that you can use any fruit that you want really if strawberries are your jam (sorry, I couldn’t resist). All you need are these 4 ingredients:
- maple syrup
- frozen strawberries (or your favorite fruit of choice)
- lemon juice
- chia seeds
No need to know how to can food. No using pectin (not that it’s a bad thing but just might not be an ingredient you use often, ever at all). Comes together in 10 minutes to set and into the fridge it goes. See what I mean? Ridiculously easy homemade jam! Every mom’s dream come true. Well, that is if making easy jam is part of your goals in life.
AND to give you a teaser, this Strawberry Chia Jam is THE perfect addition to my Fruit on the Bottom Yogurt Cups. It’s the perfect amount of sweetness to balance out the tart yogurt flavor and the right companion for a crunchy granola.
Using only FOUR ingredients, this healthier, refined sugar free and ridiculously easy homemade jam is just that: RIDICULOUSLY EASY!Print
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 1 1/2 c. frozen strawberries
- 3 Tbsp. chia seeds, whole
- juice of 1 lemon wedge
- Combine the water and maple syrup together in a small pan and bring to a light boil. Simmer over low heat.
- Add 1 c. of the frozen strawberries and allow the strawberries to soften for a minute. Using an immersion blender, blend the strawberries in the pot until smooth. You can use a blender too, just make sure you return it back to the pot.
- Add the other 1/2 c. of frozen strawberries jam mix until heated through (another minute). Using the immersion blender again, lightly blend, leaving big chunks of strawberries in the mix. Mix in thelemon juice.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the chia seeds. Place into a mason jar and allow to fully cool.
- Chill in the fridge to firm up. Will stay fresh in the fridge for 2 weeks.
And on a completely unrelated note, having nothing what-so-ever to do with jam:
For those of you who don’t follow me on Instagram, you haven’t seen some of these photos I have been posting of my sweet bump (that is, if you are interested at all–hence, why I left this for this end). Currently I am 39 weeks and 5 days pregnant and patiently waiting for the little man to arrive any day now. I had so much fun taking these photos (especially the one with the GIANT bowl of cereal; my typically mid-afternoon snack…kidding) and I love knowing that I have these to remember this amazing time in my life, being pregnant for the first time. Next up: BABY PHOTOS! Yup, it’s happening.