I’m here, I’m doing well, and baby is doing even better. It’s been almost 3 weeks since my little boy was born and his dad and I have been trying to adjust to our new roles as parents. I will write a post soon about his little story of coming into this world, filled with melt-your-heart photos, but until then I wanted you to know that we are all doing great. So much so, that I even made Groundhog Day Cookies. What can I say? I can’t stay away for long.
I’m actually in disbelief that I was able to throw these guys together while the little one slept. I started getting antsy this week over the fact that I haven’t been able to work–I’m apparently not very good at maternity leave. It’s just that I miss getting creative in the kitchen. It’s my meditation time; my me time. Just having 30 minutes to myself to make Groundhog Day Cookies was enough for me to dine off of for another few days. Felt so good!
Now you have two fun options for this coming Groundhog Day. You can make these no bake cookies or these Groundhog Day Muffins:
Making these Groundhog Day Cookies couldn’t be easier with this simple, no bake assembly:
- 4 crunchy chocolate cookies (I used Enjoy Life)
- 8 mini cookies (I used Enjoy Life minis)
- 8 homemade googly eyes
- 4 pink-colored jelly beans (I used Surf Sweets)
- 8 sunflower seeds
- 8 dairy free chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. chocolate sprinkles
- 1/4 c. melted chocolate, for the “glue”
- Add a thin layer of melted chocolate on the top of the crunchy chocolate cookie for the hair. Immediately cover with sprinkles.
- “Glue” the mini cookies in the middle of the large cookie for the cheeks.
- Add the pink jelly bean for the nose, the googly eyes, and the sunflower seeds for the teeth.
- “Glue” the 2 chocolate chips for the ears. Allow the chocolate to firm up (approx. 5-10 minutes).
Celebrate Puxatawny Phil’s prediction with your kids with these easy, no bake Groundhog Day Cookies. Seriously you guys, they’re so easy to make and super adorable!
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have the sweetest little newborn sleeping on me that I need to tend to. It was so good to stop by though! I’ve missed this and all of you. I will be back soon…