- 6 slices of whole wheat toast
- 6 small organic eggs
- 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- bacon crumbles
- parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Grease a muffin tin for 6.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten out each piece of bread. Slice horizontally.
- Place one slice, longest side in the middle. Do the same for the other piece and gently press down to close the seams. See the photo tutorial above.
- Place less than a tablespoon of cheese on the bottom of the toast cup.
- Crack each egg into the toast cup, making sure it doesn’t overflow.
- Lightly sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the eggs are done enough to your liking.
- Remove from the pan, garnish with bacon crumbles and parsley (optional), and allow to cool for a couple of minutes prior to eating.