Make breakfast easier to eat by baking your eggs inside a toast crust for a portable meal with these vegetarian-friendly* Egg and Toast Cups. Just roll out the bread and slice in half, place into a muffin tin, crack an egg inside the toast crust, and bake!
*Omit the optional bacon garnish for a complete vegetarian breakfast. Not like I had to tell you that, but…
We’re back at it again–it’s school season. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! The summer fly by and now it’s time to get serious about your easy to whip together meals. That’s why I am here to help with these Egg and Toast Cups.
Here is a photo tutorial on how to easily make these Egg and Toast Cups:
(be sure you grease your muffin pans prior to putting the bread in it)
This is a unique way to serve up your eggs and toast for breakfast, especially if you are looking for new ways to whip up your early morning meal. Just assemble, bake, and then take these Egg and Toast Cups on the run while you are dropping the kids off at school and/or on your way to work.
- 6 slices of whole wheat toast
- 6 small organic eggs
- 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- bacon crumbles
- parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Grease a muffin tin for 6.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten out each piece of bread. Slice horizontally.
- Place one slice, longest side in the middle. Do the same for the other piece and gently press down to close the seams. See the photo tutorial above.
- Place less than a tablespoon of cheese on the bottom of the toast cup.
- Crack each egg into the toast cup, making sure it doesn’t overflow.
- Lightly sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the eggs are done enough to your liking.
- Remove from the pan, garnish with bacon crumbles and parsley (optional), and allow to cool for a couple of minutes prior to eating.
Best of luck to all you mamas out there dealing with back to school shopping already!