Even though summer might be coming to an end, that still doesn’t mean that I am putting my grill away…yet. Now you might be thinking, what do you grill when you don’t eat meat? Friends, there is a whole lotta stuff you can throw on the grill and it’s a whole lotta fun if you ask me! But I do enjoy some traditional grillin’ foods too, like a good (new) ol’ burger, like these cumin-spiced Falafel Burgers.
When I am craving a burger, my newest obsession is some kind of falafel burger. They are simple to make, delicious, extremely versatile, and always fill me up way more than I think they will. Falafel burgers are a great way to have a nutritious, plant- based meal in just 20 minutes. No- seriously!
This Cumin Falafel Burger with Avocado Cream is all of those things and then some. It’s loaded with protein and only requires 7 ingredients! You could easily bake these on a rainy day, but go ahead and try them on the grill too!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Yield: 4 Falafel Burgers 1x
- Category: Dinner Ideas
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 gluten free hamburger buns
- sliced tomato
- sliced onion
- 1–2 avocados (may use as slices or as avocado cream)
- Combine the chickpeas, oats, spices, and baking powder together in your food processor/blender and blend until well combined.
- Form into 4 patties with your hands. If baking, bake on 375 for 20 minutes, flipping halfway in between.
- If grilling, grill as you normally would grill. Top with toppings and devour!
- To make the avocado cream, add the avocado in your food processor/blender and blend until smooth. You may need to add a splash of water/almond milk.
The thing I love most about these Cumin Falafel Burgers is they’re pretty basic, so you can get creative with your toppings- tomato, lettuce, onion, ketchup, mustard… (you decide your falafel burger destiny), but they sure aren’t lacking in the flavor department. I hope you like these falafel burgers and as always,
THIS POST HAS BEEN WRITTEN BY GINA FONTANA, FNB CONTRIBUTOR
Gina is the certified health coach, whole food lover, and blogger behind Healthy Little Vittles, where she loves to create recipes that are fun, fresh, healthy, and ready in 30 minutes or less. Follow Gina on: Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. Read more about Fork and Beans contributors here.
Healthy Kitchen 101
They looks super green and healthy! I have made the falafel for burgers some times, it’s always tasty 😋
– Natalie Ellis