- 3 bell peppers, sliced in half and deseeded
- 1/2 package meatless crumbles (or 1/2 lb ground meat of choice)
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 c. salsa
- handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 c. Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Place each bell pepper half next to each other on a baking sheet.
- In a heated skillet over medium-high heat, brown the meatless crumbles and onion together for about 5 minutes or until warmed up.
- Add the spices, beans, salsa and cilantro and heat up for another 5 minutes or until completely warmed through. Season with salt to taste.
- Add the meat and beans mix into each bell pepper half and evenly distribute the cheese on top of each half.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Switch to broil for 5 minutes or until the cheese is nice and brown on the tops. Serve immediately.