It might come as a shock to you but I am not a huge chocolate eater. I know, take a moment to gather your thoughts as I am sure they are spread all over the floor. For a girl who just bought her weight in vegan chocolate, one would think that I might have an addiction. Heck, this site should be proof alone. The truth is that I am more of a sugar lover. Hardcore granulated sugar. Lover. (Easy now, sugar haters. I’m all about moderation).
Does that mean I say no to chocolate? Um, no but if I’m eating chocolate I like it mixed with something salty. It off-sets the overall sweetness and richness (which is why these no-bake Mini Vegan Butterfinger Cheezcakes taste so good). Now how contradicting do I sound? I say I like sugar but also don’t like too much sweetness. But in the words of Wendy Williams, I’m a woman; I’m allowed to be complex.*
*Wendy Williams never said that.
A salty pretzel crust, lightly sweetened with a hint of brown sugar, layered with a rich and creamy peanut butter filling, melting in your mouth with each and every bite, and then topped with roughly chopped vegan Butterfinger bars. It’s like a mad scientist’s laboratory in my kitchen.
- 2 c. gluten-free pretzels, grinded in a food processor until crumbly
- 5 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted (refined for non-coconut flavor)
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 14 oz. can of coconut cream, chilled until completely solid
- 1 c. peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
- ½ c. agave or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 vegan Thumbs Up candy bars, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. dark cocoa (for the chocolate layer)
- 1 vegan Thumbs Up candy bar, chopped (to coat the tops)
- Line a muffin tin with 10 muffin liners and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients together for the crust until well-combined. Place approx. 1 Tbsp. of crust into each liner and firmly pat down. Place in the freezer.
- Using an electric mixer, fluff the solid coconut cream, peanut butter, and sweetener of choice until mixed well. Set aside ½ c. into a bowl.
- Add 2 Tbsp. dark cocoa into the ½ c. reserve. Mix together until blended.
- Evenly distribute the chocolate layer between each liner. With the back of a spoon, spread out the chocolate fluff to even distribute.
- Fold in the chopped up vegan Thumbs Up candy bar into the peanut layer. Evenly distribute on top of the chocolate layer and spread with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle each mini cheezcake with the other chopped up Thumbs Up candy bar.
- Freeze until completely set (at least 2 hours).
For the vegan Butterfingers, you can thank this company for creating a most superb candy bar called Thumbs Up. They really taste similar to the original version, it’s worth the purchase. You will especially need to buy them in order to make these cheezcakes…