Vegan Turkey Sandwiches. I know, quite the oxymoron right?! Well, what are you supposed to do with a plant based lifestyle around Thanksgiving, anyway? You make these vegan turkey sandwiches, that’s what and watch your kids giggle while eating them. Or eat them your own selves, no one is judging! Heck, I had this for lunch the other day and felt proud with each bite. Besides, aren’t these THE cutest little guys ever? Full of fresh veggies, hummus, nondairy cheese (optional, of course), and sandwiched between two slices of gluten free bread.
Wait until you see what else I have in store for you this holiday season. You guys, I’ve been a mad woman in the kitchen lately; I’m unstoppable. Then again, this time of year is always when the creative juices get stirred up but the crazy thing is that Thanksgiving isn’t usually the holiday that does it for me (Halloween being #1 and then Christmas in close second). But not this year. Just you wait!
Making these Vegan Turkey Sandwiches are so easy! Just look:
- 2 slices of gluten free, cut into circles
- 2 slices of cucumbers (for eyes)
- 2 small circle cutouts of nondairy cheese (for eyes): I bought mine at Trader Joe's
- 2 peppercorns (for eyes)
- 1 baby carrot (for beak)
- ¼ slice of cherry tomato (for the snood)
- 1 baby carrot (for the feet)
- 3 leaves of lettuce (for the feathers)
- thin slices of cucumber, cut vertically (for the feathers)
- more fresh veggies
- slice of nondairy cheese
- Add whatever fillings you want in your sandwich.
- Place the vertical cucumber slices and lettuce leaves over the fillings and then place the other piece of gluten free bread on top.
- Assemble the face and feet.
May your Thanksgiving be blessed with lots of fresh veggies, good health, and these vegan Turkey Sandwiches!