…it’s probably from something you ate.
Or maybe from laughing so hard because you are one graceless broad?
You see, I’m not the classiest person you will ever come across.
I’ve given up on giving that impression years ago.
The other day at the office, I went to sit down on my swivel chair.
Now, I get these great ideas in my mind that seem like they would translate well from the brain into real life.
“Okay once my bottom lands on the chair,
I’m going to push myself off with my legs towards the direction of the phone.”
Think Michael J. Fox in the opening credits of “Family Ties.” What? No one else remembers what I am talking about? See 0:35 of video:
If ever you doubted that my mind is full of useless information, here is your confirmation!
This way, I think, I save time.
Because time is money in business, folks, that’s why.
Even 2 seconds is costly.
Unfortunately the execution of my move did not go exactly as planned.
In fact, my legs got a head start and not knowing their own strength….
I completely missed my chair, went flying over it, only to find myself land straight on my left side.
Did I mention I had a skirt on?
Happens way too often.
So for those of us who might have been absent the day the attribute of grace was being handed out,
Here is a graceful dinner that will have everyone fooled that you are an actual swan in the kitchen.
Pasta for the Classy Recipe
For the sauce:
- 1 potato, chopped in small bits
- 2 carrots, chopped in small bits
- 1/2 c. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 c. cashews
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbs dijon mustard
- 3 Tbs Earth Balance, softened
- 1 Tb Worcestershire sauce, vegan brand
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 c. uncooked gluten-free rotini pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into florets and steamed (place in sauce pan with 2 Tbs water, bring to boil, cover and simmer on low for approx 10 min).
- 1 onion, sliced thinly and sauteed in skillet until lightly brown.
- 1/2 c. GF breadcrumbs (I had croutons from The Sensitive Baker that I ground up)
- Paprika for sprinkling
- In a small saucepan, boil potato and carrots for 7 minutes or until soft.
- Place all ingredients for the sauce into a blender until mixed completely. Season to taste if needed.
- Place pasta, onions, sauce and broccoli into a bowl and stir until everything is combined.
- Place into individual ramekins. Top with breadcrumbs and paprika. Bake at 350 degree for 20-25 minutes.
Here’s to owning the fact that we are clumsy. But damn, can we cook!
Maybe you were actually channeling Mallory……….hmmm? How’s your side feeling?
These old bones aren’t what they used to be, I’ll tell you that 🙂
Bahahahaha! On Wednesday I was at the gym. I had just finished doing a plank on the exercise ball, and decided to get up “gracefully”. So I rolled forward, then rolled backwards quickly. And then somehow I stood up. But it wasn’t graceful at all. And then the owner of the gym started laughing hysterically because she had hoped that I would have fallen. Yup, that’s how I roll. Literally.
Hilarious!! Yes, the exercise ball. I am very familiar with that pesky little devil. Imagine what you just said except for doing exactly what the owner of the gym wanted. That was me 🙂 You must teach me composure, Lara. That is something I am lacking. haha.
Oh Wow!!! I Love the Food and the Photo Shots!!! Astounding!!!! Great Food for my Eyes too!!!
You are so Amazing!!!! :)….My first Happy Face!!!!
*Taking a bow* (not bow wow, or even a little one, however) 🙂
I <3 you
Noooooooooo, I heart YOU!
I want that pasta for dinner tonight!! 😀 Your recipes rock!
Come on over! It’s just a short flight away. hehe.