So I’m desperately trying to write a post currently but all I can hear in my feeble little brain is:
If you like Pina Coladas,
and getting caught in the rain.
Then I realized that was all that I knew and that I didn’t know the rest of the lyrics, so for the last 20 minutes I have been reading them. No, Cara! You are supposed to be writing a post….but I cannot stop. I start to type something and the only thing that I see on my screen is:
If you like Pina Coladas…
So now the damn song is playing in the background (yes, inevitably I had to turn it on YouTube and let it be my background noise as I sing along) and I have the sinking feeling in my gut that I won’t be able to stop singing this song for the rest of the day…
So for all of you who like making love at midnight, I have 2 fun Pina Colada recipes just for you!
No-Fuss Pina Colada Ice Cream Recipe
Gluten, egg, and dairy-free
- 3/4 c. non-dairy ice cream
- 1/3 c. coconut milk (from the can)
- 1/3 c. pineapple chunks
- 2 Tbs rum
- 1/4 c. pomegranate seeds
- Combine all ingredients (except for the seeeds) together in a blender.
- Pour into a container, dump pomegranate seeds in and mix, close with a lid, and freeze for 2 hours or until ice cream sets.
Pina Colada Popsicle Recipe
Gluten, egg, dairy, and refined sugar-free
Makes 6 star pops
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 can crushed pineapple
- 2 Tbs agave
- 1 Tb rum
- pomegranate seeds
- Mix all ingredients except for the seeds together in a blender.
- Pour into popsicle molds. I had enough mix for 6 small, star pop molds.
- Place about 1 tsp pomegranate seeds in each mold.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Place popsicle sticks into. Allow to freeze for another 60 minutes or until set.