- 2 large apples
- Date Saramel Sauce (recipe below)
- 1/2 batch Raw Chocolate Recipe
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts of choice
- 2 craft sticks
For the caramel sauce:
- 5 dates, chopped and set in boiling water for 10 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. nondairy milk
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, refined for non coconut flavor
- 1 Tbsp. nut butter of choice
- 1 tsp. maple or agave syrup
- Drain the water from the dates. In a high speed blender, combine all ingredients for the Caramel Sauce until completely smooth. If you are having difficulties blending, simply add more nondairy milk by the teaspoon until it smooths out. Place into a bowl.
- Insert the craft stick into apple.
- Cover the apples evenly with the caramel date sauce. You don’t want globs of it because it will just fall off so gently coat it. Place in the freezer briefly to mildly firm up on the apples.
- Roll around in chopped nuts and drizzle with raw chocolate.
- Chill in the freezer for another 5-10 minutes until the apples set.