The second “must-have” ingredient when making raw desserts is Raw Cacao Powder. A great source of antioxidants–it is said that raw cacao powder has a higher antioxidant content than blueberries and red wine. Full of essential minerals, this super versitile ingredient can be used in
and this chocolate sauce:
It is also said that raw cacao has a chemical (too complicated to pronounce) that is referred to as the “love chemical.” That’s right friends, this superfood emits the same chemical inside our bodies that is released when we fall in love. So what does that mean?
Make a quadruple batch of this stuff and just smother it all over your body: bathe in it, eat it while bathing in it, let it sink into your pores, and watch the love unveil. That’s what it means… A guaranteed cupid replacement.
Maybe I will bottle this stuff up and sell it for Valentine’s Day…
Raw Chocolate Sauce Recipe
Gluten, egg, dairy, and refined sugar-free
Makes approx 1/4 cup of sauce
- 4 Tb coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tb maple syrup
- 3 Tb raw cacao powder (or regular cocoa powder if you don’t have)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a small bow. Place into a pouring bottle.
- Place in fridge to allow to set and thicken a little.
- **The more coconut oil you add, the more thick the syrup will be**
- If the sauce is too cold and thickens up too much, simply place closed bottle into a bowl of hot water until it melts.