And yet another decadent recipe made from…yup, you guessed it, cashews. It’s amazing what you can accomplish with this nut, I tell. How it transforms into the lightest, airiest mousse is beyond me but I will take it. This Raw Chocolate Mousse Cake is worth every bite.
If anything, please please pretty please try the chocolate mousse middle. It’s worth it. I promise! Whipped, creamy goodness sandwiched between two layers of raw chocolate cake. Oh my, how on earth is this even raw??
Raw Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe
Raw vegan, gluten, egg, soy, and dairy-free
- 1 1/2 c soaked cashews, drained
- 1/3 c raw cacao powder (or regular cocoa powder)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c agave
- 1 1/4 c water
- 1/4 c melted coconut oil
- 1 c. cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 1 c. macadamia nuts, soaked for 2 hours
- 1 c. almond or oat flour
- 1/2 c. raw cacao powder
- 2 medjool dates, chopped
- 2 Tb agave or maple syrup
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- For the mousse: Combine the first six ingredients into a high speed blender until smooth and thick. Cover and freeze so it can set while you make the cake.
- Mix the cashews and macadamia nuts in a food processor until crumb-like. You might have to do this in 2 batches, depending on your food processor size.
- Add the remainder of ingredients into the processor and pulse until a smooth dough forms.
- Line a loaf pan with wax paper. Place dough in pan and with hands, pat down until dough forms into pan. Freeze for 25 minutes.
- Take cake out of pan and gently cut into 1/2″ slices.
- Top with chocolate mousse and cover with another cake slice.
- Freeze again.
- Cover with my raw chocolate sauce and decorate with berries.