And yet another decadent recipe made from…yup, you guessed it, cashews.
If anything, please please pretty please try the chocolate mousse middle. It’s worth it. I promise!
Raw Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe
Raw vegan, gluten, egg, soy, and dairy-free
- 1 1/2 c soaked cashews, drained
- 1/3 c raw cacao powder (or regular cocoa powder)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c agave
- 1 1/4 c water
- 1/4 c melted coconut oil
- 1 c. cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 1 c. macadamia nuts, soaked for 2 hours
- 1 c. almond or oat flour
- 1/2 c. raw cacao powder
- 2 medjool dates, chopped
- 2 Tb agave or maple syrup
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- For the mousse: Combine the first six ingredients into a high speed blender until smooth and thick. Cover and freeze so it can set while you make the cake.
- Mix the cashews and macadamia nuts in a food processor until crumb-like. You might have to do this in 2 batches, depending on your food processor size.
- Add the remainder of ingredients into the processor and pulse until a smooth dough forms.
- Line a loaf pan with wax paper. Place dough in pan and with hands, pat down until dough forms into pan. Freeze for 25 minutes.
- Take cake out of pan and gently cut into 1/2″ slices.
- Top with chocolate mousse and cover with another cake slice.
- Freeze again.
- Cover with my raw chocolate sauce and decorate with berries.