I’ve been chewing on this valuable thought as of this week (along with the Lemon Blackberry Cake):
“We often manifest what we secretly, unconsciously expect or believe we deserve (not what we may tell ourselves or other people what we want)… We all (completely) create our lives and what we truly desire, always inevitably manifests.
Getting control of this means becoming conscious of our secret fears and desires so that we can see what the real motivating force is in our lives. Only then can we begin to exert some kind of control over how that force manifests.”
-Gary Quinn (May the Angels Be With You)
This has me thinking a lot about what I ultimately want out of life, what I need to do to get there, and the messages that I’ve been telling myself that keep me from attaining my truest desires. Think about it, the messages we tell ourselves ultimately dictate how live out our lives. So even if we desire success in whatever form we fancy, as long as you tell yourself you are a failure, that is all you will be. Not because it’s the truth according to reality but because you have created your own reality in your thinking.
I’m not sure about you but I’m kinda of tired of wasting time with useless thoughts swirling around in my head that keep me from freedom.
Anyone care to join me in this meditation?
Lemon Blackberry Crumble Cake Recipe
Gluten, egg, and dairy-free
This recipe is great baked in an 8″x 8″ greased baking dish
- 2 c. Cara’s gluten-free flour blend
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c. fresh blackberries
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond, unsweetened)
- 1 Tb apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tb oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix non-dairy milk and vinegar together and allow to sit for 5-7 minutes to sour.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients together (minus the blackberries and zest). Whisk well.
- Pour oil into soured non-dairy milk and pour into dry ingredients.
- Fold in berries and lemon zest.
- Pour into desired pan/dish and top with pistachio cardamom sugar topping (recipe below).
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until knife is clean when inserted in the middle (I have a really old oven that bakes things quicker than newer ovens).
Pistachio Cardamom Sugar Topping:
- 5 Tb vegan butter, chilled
- 1/3 c gluten-free flour
- 1/4 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/3 c pistachios, dry roasted, unsalted, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- Combine sugars, flour and cardamom together.
- Add vegan butter until a sand-like crumble forms.
- Add pistachios.