This breakfast was inspired by “Funny Food: 365 Fun, Healthy, Silly, and Creative Breakfasts” by Bill and Claire Wurzel
- dairy free yogurt (for the face base)
- 2 apricot halves, from a can and drained (for the eyes)
- 2 homemade googly eyes
- 1 fig, sliced (for the ears and nose)
- 1 end piece of gluten free toast (for the 5 o’clock shadow, neck and eyebrows)
- 1 strawberry slice (for the tongue)
- parsley (for the hair)
- Start first with the yogurt, creating a half circle on the plate.
- Slice the gluten free toast in half and use one end for the chin/5 o’clock shadow. Slice 2 eyebrows from the other half and use the remainder for the neck.
- Add the apricot halves and googly eyes.
- Cut a section in the middle of the bread to stick the strawberry in for the tongue.
- Add the parsley hair (or sautéed spinach) and fig nose and ears.