If your kids haven’t already started, it’s coming close to that time for all the kiddos to go back to school. The weather is beginning to cool down for most of us (well, if you live near me, it’s doing the exact opposite–this week has been 100 degrees, blah). Summer is slowly coming to an end and hooray for the fact that Halloween is approaching! But before we can even get all spooky up in this joint, we need to get all back-to-schooly on ya…and we are starting with breakfast. An easy and quick idea that still says, “Hey kids, I’m still silly even though I’m your mom/dad!” And what is even better is that this Funny Breakfast Man is made without eggs. Did your eyes deceive you?
That’s right, this recipe is for you, kids with egg allergies! Egg eaters shouldn’t be the only ones with all the crazy breakfast egg eye fun. Now you can too with this simple solution:
- Dairy free yogurt
- Apricot halves
Now your kid’s breakfast dreams can come true. Put a smile on your their face tomorrow morning with the delight of this Funny Breakfast Man on a plate!Print
This breakfast was inspired by “Funny Food: 365 Fun, Healthy, Silly, and Creative Breakfasts” by Bill and Claire Wurzel
- dairy free yogurt (for the face base)
- 2 apricot halves, from a can and drained (for the eyes)
- 2 homemade googly eyes
- 1 fig, sliced (for the ears and nose)
- 1 end piece of gluten free toast (for the 5 o’clock shadow, neck and eyebrows)
- 1 strawberry slice (for the tongue)
- parsley (for the hair)
- Start first with the yogurt, creating a half circle on the plate.
- Slice the gluten free toast in half and use one end for the chin/5 o’clock shadow. Slice 2 eyebrows from the other half and use the remainder for the neck.
- Add the apricot halves and googly eyes.
- Cut a section in the middle of the bread to stick the strawberry in for the tongue.
- Add the parsley hair (or sautéed spinach) and fig nose and ears.
Looking for more egg-free breakfast inspiration? Give these a try: