“Awwwww man, scrambled tofu eggs for breakfast again, mom?!” said no kid ever. Especially not when they taste so good and look so fun when they are in the shapes of Silly Breakfast Toast Faces. It’s also a great way to introduce new vegetables to your little ones like radishes or bell peppers or even black olives. Now they aren’t just those veggies but are part of the ears, eyes, and nose of these silly faces. Crunch!
An easy trick to remember is to cut up your veggie faces prior to making your scrambled tofu eggs and toast. This way, once you slather on that hummus, you are ready to assemble those silly faces and still serve up those tofu eggs while they are hot off the press. Have fun with it too! Give one of the Silly Breakfast Toast Faces glasses, the other a tongue sticking out…you get the point. And don’t forget to serve with some fresh berries and a glass of orange juice. Talk about breakfast of champions!
- ½ batch scrambled tofu eggs
- 2 pieces of gluten free bread
- ¼ c. hummus
- various veggies for the silly faces
- While the tofu eggs are cooking and the bread is in the toaster, cut up your veggies for the face. Here' s a tip: Carrots make great noses, cucumbers and black olives make great eyes, and red bell peppers are the perfect lips.
- Slather your toast with hummus (optional) and then decorate your silly face. Top off with wacky tofu egg hair and serve with a smile.