In a bind for a quick lunch and need a fun, holiday-inspired meal full of protein and nutrition? These QuesaDia de los Muertos are just what you need. That’s right, I said it. They’re quesaDias (quesadillas). Right?! The Halloween puns never stop, nor does the spooky deliciousness, thanks to Flatout’s Fold Its, some cheese (dairy free or not, whatever you like), and some chopped veggies. This is a lunch your little ones can’t refuse.
If you are allergic to cheese and don’t like the option of a vegan cheese, you can always stuff these QuesaDia de los Muertos with a smashed avocado. The stuffing in these Green Chile Enchilada Quesadillas are actually the perfect addition for a healthy, plant-based option if you need it.
Check out this photo collage on how simple it is to create these QuesaDia de los Muertos:
Whatever you do, just don’t pass on the Fold Its! They make these skull shapes fun, easy, and tasty too.Print
- 3 Flatout Fold Its, folded
- 1/2 dairy free cheese (use regular if not allergic)
- 4 black beans or sliced black olives (for the eyes)
- 2 baby carrots, sliced (decor around the eyes)
- 1 mini red and yellow bell pepper (use the tip of the red bell pepper for the nose and thinly sliced peppers for the decor around the eyes)
- 16 corn kernels (for the teeth)
- 2 pieces of cilantro
- Fold all 3 of the Fold Its. Take one of the flatbreads and slice in half lengthwise. Use each half for the bottom portion of the skulls. Slice the sides to look like a jaw line.
- Using a circular cookie cutter, cut out the eyes in the other 2 Fold Its.
- Stuff with cheese or smashed avocado.
- Lightly brown on both sides in a heated skillet over medium-high heat.
- Decorate each skull with your chopped veggies and enjoy!
This post has been sponsored by Flatout. All opinion and text are my own.
Looking for more Dia de los Muertos-inspired recipes? Try these out: