Pack your kid’s lunchbox with a specially made Love Bug Applesauce cup with it’s own little message this Valentine’s Day. It’s the perfect way to say “I love you” to your favorite kiddo. Throw into your kid’s lunchbox for the week, reserve for a special after school snack, or even bring them in for a Valentine treat for the kids in your child’s classroom.
RELATED: Robot Juice Boxes
These Love Bug Applesauce cups bring me back to the days of Weepuls. Well, they are made in their image–even their little tag with a message on them is just like their Weepuls counterpart. Clearly I’m a child of the 80’s. Can you believe these were prizes to keep my 6th grade self motivated to sell more magazines for a magazine drive in middle school? Well, it worked. I collected them all! Looking back, I should have demanded more…
And where did that get me all these years later? Absolutely nowhere. Well, scratch that, it inspired me to make these Love Bug Applesauce cups so there’s that. This is where it got me. I’m still deciding whether or not that is a good thing. We’ll go with “good thing” just because it’s bleak to think of it any other way.
All you need to make your very own Love Bug Applesauce cups is the following:
- applesauce of choice
- pipe cleaner
- felt heart stickers
- googly eyes
- thin strips of paper
- red pen
RELATED: Love Bug BitesPrint
- 6 applesauce cups of choice
- 2 pipe cleaners
- 24 felt heart stickers (12 small, 12 medium)
- 12 googly eyes (with stickers on back)
- 6 thin strips of paper
- red pen
- Cut your pipe cleaner into 12 2″ strips.
- Attach the small felt heart stickers to each pipe cleaner. Tape 2 to the back of each applesauce cup.
- Stick the googly eyes in the middle of each applesauce cup.
- Attach the medium heart stickers (sticky side up) to the bottom of the cup for the feet.
- Write a Valentine’s message on each strip of paper and tape to the bottom, message side up.
- Throw into your kid’s lunchbox for the week, reserve for a special after school snack, or bring them for a Valentine treat for the kids in your child’s classroom.
Want more Valentine’s Day-themed foods, desserts, treats, and snacks? Click here!