RELATED: Smoothie Bowls Kids Will Love
Make breakfast a little special this Valentines Day by serving a thick blueberry smoothie bowl and making the cutest strawberry and cantaloupe fishies with these Fish Bowl Smoothies:
- 1 banana, chopped in to 4 parts
- 2 6 oz. cups of yogurt (I used Green Valley Organics lactose-free strawberry yogurt)
- ¾ c. natural, unsalted peanut butter
- 1 c. blueberries
- ½ c. cooked oats
- 3 strawberries, stems cut off
- 1 larger cantaloupe slice, for the fins, eyes, and heart bubbles
- 1 Tbsp. cacao nibs, for sea floor
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend on high for one minute or until smoothie is thick and smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and place in freezer
- Cut 3 of strawberries from top to bottom into thin pieces for the "scales" and place on top of the smoothie bowl for the fish.
- Slice the last strawberry in half for the fish face and place on top of the smoothie bowl.
- Cut a cantaloupe slice in the shape of a wide "U" for the back fin and into two small triangles for the front side fins.
- Cut a small circle from the cantaloup for the eyeballs and carefully cut out three small hearts for the bubbles.
- Sprinkle cacao nibs for the sea floor.
RELATED: Valentine’s Yogurt Bark
This post was written by FnB contributor, Skyelar Dunn.