Call it your early
gift from me to you because
I’ve decided to extend this entire week to more:
(((We’re gonna need this especially after last night’s Real Housewives New Jersey Reunion!)))
I know. I know.
Hold your applause as I take my bow.
*”You’re welcome” and “I’m sorry”*
all rolled into one.
Today’s candy is dedicated to you,
*Hard-core Chocolate Lover*
Yeah, you know who you are–
I’m looking right at you.
And so is this:
The Vegan/Gluten-free Crunch Bar.
GF and Vegan “Crunch” Bar Recipe
- 1 bag vegan chocolate chips
- Enjoy Life’s Crunchy Rice Cereal (for the gluten-intolerant); Koala Crisps or Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal (for the vegan/gluten intolerant)
- Break apart mold bought from here
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave. Depending on how many bars you want to make, start with 1 c. of chips at a time, melting in 30 second increments. Go for a total of 1 min 30 sec-2 minutes.
- Place a thin layer of melted chocolate into the mold just to get it entirely coated with it. Place approximated 1-2 tsp of cereal into mold. Gently press down with your fingers.
- Cover the remainder with chocolate to fill in the gaps.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- When attempting to remove from the molds and you are having problems, take a butter knife and gently get into the edges to help it pop out.
A rice crunch-ity center, surrounded by nothing but decadent chocolate.
This is probably one of the easier chocolate bars to make!
Don’t get too comfortable however, because the week has just begun.
Wait until you see what’s in store…
You might just want to take off of work and stay in the kitchen.