I must be on a vegan caramel kick lately (it’s all I have been posting it seems) but I am not even kidding you that this is the best vegan caramel sauce recipe I have yet to taste! The nut butter really mellows out the vegan butter and gives that perfect caramel flavor I have been looking for. It’s the recipe to dip apples in (or other fruit slices–it’s not impartial), to drizzle over brownies, to stick your fingers into…you get the point.
Excitement alert: You can find out how I made these super fun Caramel Apple Vampire Bites (pictured below) in my upcoming Halloween Special eBook.
That’s right, I said it. I’m making a freaking Halloween-inspired eBook. I seriously cannot wait to make this available to you all, friends (coming at the end of this month). It’s my best Halloween work yet and if you are at all a fan of this holiday and Halloween-inspired foods then this book is a must buy for you!
- 1/3 c. vegan butter
- 1/3 c. light corn syrup
- 2/3 c. vegan sugar (I like Zulka sugar)
- 3 Tb. water
- 1/3 c. creamy peanut butter (or almond works fine)
- Combine the first 5 ingredients together in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and cook on high for 2 minutes.
- CAREFULLY remove the plastic (please don’t allow the steam to burn your fingers like I did mine) and stir the mixture. Place plastic back on (or use a new piece) and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add peanut butter and cook 45 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave with oven mitts.
- Perfect for dipping with apple slices or for making caramel apples (makes enough to cover 3 medium/large apples).
And if those Caramel Apple Vampire Bites weren’t tempting enough what about these gluten, egg, and dairy-free Frankenstein treats??? (Also featured in my eBook). Save your pennies because it’s going to be worth it!