Muffins can be sexy and these muffins ARE sexy. They’re moist, flavorful, stuffed with pumpkin and cinnamon, and talk about each morsel that falls into your mouth. They are the perfect marriage of two of my favorite things: Pumpkin and Coffee Cake, thus I bring to you Pumpkin Coffee Cake Muffins. Gluten-free. Vegan. Just a batch of super sexy muffins.
Maybe I should just name them Sexy Muffins? I’m saying sexy a lot in this post, aren’t I? Must be the lack of sugar in my system (which is going AWESOME, by the way*!) Thank you all for your comments and emails. You guys are scrumptulescent, for reals. The love I feel from you makes this sugar-free heart oh-so happy. I cannot wait to share the recipes that I have been creating as of late that are grain-free and Candida-friendly. And just in case you have no idea what I am talking about, you can read this post to get all caught up.
*She says as she publishes out a sugar-filled muffin recipe. Fear not though. These are sooooo incredibly good!
This recipe is something I created during the week prep prior to my new diet because I wanted so badly to stick to my what I had planned on the calendar. So no, these are not sugar-free but are delicious. And sexy.
- 2 c. Cara's All-Purpose Flour Blend
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 c. nondairy milk
- ½ c. boiling water
- ½ c. pumpkin puree
- ¼ c. oil
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- ½ c. Cara's All-Purpose Flour Blend
- ⅓ c. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. vegan butter, chilled and cubed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together. Throw in all of the wet ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon until fully combined.
- Pour batter evenly into the muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, combine the streusel topping (except for the butter) until mixed. Cut in the cold vegan butter until big clumps are evenly created. Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the tops of the muffins spring back when the tops are gently pressed.
- Allow to slightly cool before transferring to a wire rack until completely cooled.
Need help with substituting gluten-free flours? Check out this post! It will help you greatly. If you still have questions, ask away…