Sometimes making a homemade, healthy breakfast is a difficult thing to accomplish when you have a huge to-do list that doesn’t allow the time to sit down and enjoy your meal. For days like those, you need a good grab-and-go breakfast that is hearty and sticks to the ribs the way that oatmeal does. These Healthy No Bake Granola Bars are like grabbing a bowl of oatmeal but without the hassle and mess of a clean up.
Packed with gluten free oats, crispy brown rice cereal, and a healthy serving of nut or seed butter of choice (this is such a versatile recipe that you can use whatever you wish!), you can guarantee that your little ones will be focused throughout the day with the help of this breakfast of champions.
- 2 c. crispy gluten free brown rice cereal
- 1½ c. rolled oats
- ½ c. refined coconut oil
- ¾ c. honey (use brown rice syrup for vegan)
- ½ c. peanut butter (or seed butter for nut free option)
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ c. mini nondairy chocolate chips (optional)
- Line an 8x8 pan (or a small rectangular pan) with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats and cereal.
- Melt the coconut oil and honey together in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Allow to simmer for another 2 minutes, stirring often. Cooking the honey with enough time at this point is what will help keep the granola bars in tact.
- Add the nut or seed butter into the saucepan until melted. Remove from heat.
- Press firmly into the pan with a small piece of parchment paper to keep from sticking to your fingers.
- Allow to cool down for 5 minutes just so your chocolate chips don't melt when added. Press the chocolate chips into the top of the granola bars.
- Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours until set. Slice and enjoy!
What is even better is that this Healthy No Bake Granola Bar recipe gives you a good base to go off from. Add in whatever you want:
- Sunflower seeds
- Dried Fruit
- Flax seeds
- Hemp seeds
The possibilities are endless when you begin adding in some of your favorite go-to, nutrient-dense foods, making this an even healthier option.
Don’t forget to add a side of their daily serving of fresh fruit and a glass of freshly squeezed, allergen-friendly nondairy milk. Breakfast is served!