Add a tint of color to your dinner with this Pink Mac n Cheese. Dairy free and hidden with veggies, it’s a fun, healthy Valentine’s meal for your family.
How perfect is this meal for Valentine’s Day? Dinner made at home, especially since Lover’s Day is on a Tuesday this year and ain’t nobody wanting to go out on a week day night. Or is that just me? I think I just exposed my cards. I’m a homebody. There, I said it. I’d eat Pink Mac n Cheese in my pjs at home anyday then go out anywhere that requires me to wear pants. I’m a sucker for being cozy.
Did I mention that this mac n cheese is actually dairy free and filled with lots of hidden veggies? You can find the recipe I used here with my dairy free mac n’ cheese but you can also use a store bought mac if you are short on time. Might I add that if you are going to use the pre-made box version, I suggest using all-natural red food coloring for the pink color instead of the beet juice.
- 1 recipe Dairy Free Mac n' Cheese (omit the broccoli) OR 1 box store bought mac n' cheese of your choice*
- ¼ c. juice from canned beets OR 2-4 drops all-natural red food coloring
- Follow the instructions for the dairy free mac n' cheese (omit the broccoli).
- Add the beet juice when blending the veggies together. You might want to add more according to what tint of pink you like.
- Combine the sauce and drained pasta together and serve.
Pair this Pink Mac n Cheese with a night of writing and sending cards out to your favorite friends for Valentine’s Day. That is exactly what I will be doing tonight. At home. In my pajamas. Hey, how did you know?!