Bowls schmowls. You don’t need no stinkin’ bowls for your side salad at dinner because with these Monster Bell Pepper Salad Cups, the veggies are actually stuffed *inside* the bell peppers. Think of them as your very own portable (and edible) bowl. Now tell me, how amazing are veggies that they could be the dish AND the dish of your feast?! I know, think about it for a second…
RELATED: Bell Pepper Buckets
Though Halloween is rearing its festive head, these Monster Bell Pepper Salad Cups aren’t just for this spooktacular holiday. They can be enjoyed year round and are especially perfect for the family struggling to get their little tots to eat more veggies. Who knows, maybe this will do the trick with two green olive eyes staring back? Can’t blame a mom or dad for trying.
RELATED: Monster Veggie Burgers
Stuff as many salad ingredients as you can into these Monster Bell Pepper Salad Cups for a fun and edible way to serve up veggies for dinner:
- 4 bell peppers, various colors
- 8 green olives
- 4 toothpicks, broken in half
- 2 cucumber slices, cut lengthwise
- 2 mini bell peppers, sliced in half
- 2 c. lettuce
- ½ c. shredded carrots
- ¼ c. cucumber, cubed
- 1 radish, sliced
- handful small broccoli florets
- dressing of choice (try this dairy free ranch dressing or asian peanut dressing)
- Slice the tops off of the bell peppers and deseed the insides.
- Place a green olive in each broken half of a toothpick and insert into the tops of the bell peppers for eyes.
- Combine the salad ingredients together and toss with your choice of dressing.
- Evenly distribute the salad into each pepper.
- Add a cucumber slice as the tongue or even a sliced half of a mini bell pepper. Switch up to give them their own unique personality.
- Add the top back onto the pepper band serve with dinner.
These Monster Bell Pepper Salad Cups can be a fun alternative to those adorable Pepper Jacks you might been seeing all over the internet (the ones I linked to are from my girl Spa Bettie–hers are always my fave!). If anything, these salad cups are perfect for those who don’t trust themselves (or their skills) with a sharp knife and a bell pepper.
RELATED: Southwestern Stuffed Bell Peppers