Summer is winding down and secretly to that, I say THANK GOD! Sorry, but I’m done with the heat and I’m ready for Halloween. But there are still a handful of beach-themed snacks to enjoy before that happens. Get your kids to eat their veggies before the summer ends with this Lemony Hummus Crab Dip. Bursting with a tart, lemon flavor that is perfect for dipping carrots and celery into! This 4-ingredient hummus is one of the easiest snacks to throw together. And don’t forget to top the dip with the adorable red bell pepper crab but be careful! If you get too close, he just might pinch…
I know that I haven’t been around much this summer but I promise that this fall will be different. I mean, come on, Halloween is coming. You know me and my love for that holiday! If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know that I’m actually pregnant. Yup, that’s right. I’m 18 weeks today and this summer was a bit rough for me with my first trimester. I still can’t look at certain recipes that I created over here around that time because it still makes me a bit nauseated (ha). So maybe now you might have some more understanding as to why I just want this season to end. I am so looking forward to drinking tea, snuggling up and just continuing to nest until this little BOY is born in January. But summer still needs to be celebrated and I thought I’d do it with my own interpretation of what a crab dip should look like…
This 4 ingredient Lemony Hummus Crab Dip is bursting of tart flavor and topped with the cutest bell pepper crab. Perfect for a summer-themed party!
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp. Tahini
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1-2 lemons
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 homemade googly eyes
- 1 toothpick
- In a food processor, throw all of the ingredients for the hummus together and mix until smooth. Add more lemon juice if you want the hummus to be a smoother consistency.
- Cut the bottom portion of the red bell pepper off for the head. Cut only ⅓ of the pepper.
- Cut 4 claws from the very top portion of the pepper. You should have a middle portion of the pepper leftover. Slice and use for more claws/legs.
- Glue 2 homemade google eyes to a toothpick, broken in half. Stick onto the top of the crab head.
- Serve with fresh veggies and chips.
Looking for more creatively shaped dips? Check these out: