Since avocados are a big staple during the summer season, it’s time to put a fun twist on your favorite midday snack (or if you are anything like me, guacamole is a typical lunch during these hot days–I can never get enough!) Turn your favorite recipe for guacamole (simple is best: chopped cilantro, grated garlic, and a big squeeze of lime for me) into a Healthy Guacadile Dip. You get it? It’s guacamole in the shape of a crocodile?!
You can also call them Crocomole but I personally love Guacadile. Now, this ultra fun idea isn’t my original idea. I saw these on Google from a restaurant that served them and I fell in love. I can’t think of anything better than dipping my chips into an edible crocodile’s mouth, am I right? AND it’s the perfect on-the-go snack if you are running late for somewhere important. Just stick those carrot teeth in, grab a handful of chips and snack on the way to wherever you have to go!
- 1 avocado, sliced and flesh scooped out
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- 2 lime wedges
- pinch of sea salt for taste
- 4 slices of cucumber
- 4 homemade googly eyes
- baby carrots, cut into teeth
- In a bowl, combine the mashed avocado flesh, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and sea salt until well-combined.
- Place back into each half of the carved out avocado.
- Add the eyes and teeth. Serve with fresh veggies and chips for the perfect after-school or on-the-go snack.
Just scoop out the flesh of the avocado, mash it up and add whatever guacamole fixin’s your kids like. Spoon it back into the avocado shell and have a silly time making these healthy Guacadile Dip faces. Just be careful, they might nibble at your fingers so snack quickly!
Surprise your kids with this superfood-filled, healthy Guacadile Dip. It’s the perfect after-school or on-the-go snack.
Looking for more creative ways to serve avocado? Check these out: