I don’t like being late. In fact, I hate it. I start to sweat, my fists tighten and my teeth clench at the thought of being late to something I have committed to. It stresses me out to say the least and gives me the biggest dose of anxiety. Now despite this fact, for some reason, there are times when I just cannot get my act together. I apparently have horrible time management and get carried away with others things that demand my distraction. My intentions are good, I promise they are, but regardless I am notorious for being fashionably late.
So when I was invited to a Virtual Veggie Potluck dinner today with some of my friends, I of course had to come…late. I blame it on the books my sister and friend have made me read. I have been lost in a world of fiction. Driving over here, I was sweating, tightening and clenching. Hopefully everything hasn’t already been eaten but if so, thank goodness I brought my Stuffed Red Peppers. I will just sit in the corner and eat them all by myself.
Stuffed Veggie Bell Peppers Recipe
Makes 4 bell pepper halves
Gluten, egg and dairy free
- 2 red peppers, cut length-wise and de-gutted
- 1/2 c. uncooked, rinsed and drained quinoa
- 1 c. vegetable broth
- 1 c. black beans, drained
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ancho chile seasoning
- chopped cilantro
- non-dairy sour cream for topping
- Cook quinoa as directed on package with veggie broth.
- Saute onion in skillet until soft. Add cumin and ancho chile seasoning. Cook for another minute.
- Add beans and cooked quinoa into onion mix until well combined.
- Stuff inside peppers (either you can keep the peppers raw or char them on the stove top).
- Top with non-dairy sour cream and cilantro.
Check out these talented ladies’ food. They will have you drooling for more. Maybe next time it will inspire me to be on time. Maybe.
Hope someone brought some napkins…