Congrats Mel! You wrote:
“I would love to try the pizza crust for my daughter and I. We have healthy homemade pizza as a treat after sport on Friday nights. Gluten free dairy free and egg free makes it a challenge but she’s worth it!”
You just won yourself a free mix of Zema’s Focaccia/Pizza Crust. I hope you and your girl enjoy your after sport treat! Email me with your address and we will go from there.
Thank you to everyone who entered to win. Even if you didn’t, lose heart not! I have SO MANY more other opportunities for you to earn free stuff in the near future. Stay tuned…
In the meantime we all are winners with these fun appetizer quinoa bites recipe. You might wanna make them for dinner, however. You won’t be able to get yourself to stop eating them!
Italian Quinoa Bites Recipe
Gluten, egg, and dairy-free
Makes 12 balls
For the bread coating:
- 1 cup Rice Chex
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
For the Quinoa Bites:
- 1/2 c. dried quinoa, cooked with 1 c. water
- 2 Tb gluten-free flour
- 1 Tb flaxseed meal + 2 Tb water, let sit for 5-7 min
- 1 Tb sundried tomatoes (in oil), diced
- 1 Tb non-dairy cheese of choice (optional)
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped finely
- 1 tsp non-dairy milk
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Allow oil to fully heat up.
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Form into balls with hands and coat with bread crumb mix.
- Place into skillet and cook on all sides until golden brown.
- Allow to drain on a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle salt to season immediately.
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce.