Oh Italian Quinoa Bites…
How I love thee…
What fun little appetizer bites these are! You might wanna make them for dinner, however. You won’t be able to get yourself to stop eating them. I know that everyone says that but this time it’s serious. Crunchy on the outside with a warm quinoa center that melts into your mouth. Dip them into marinara sauce and you are in your own little Italian heaven. A breadcrumb-covered, marinara-dipping heaven.
Italian Quinoa Bites Recipe
Gluten, egg, and dairy-free
Makes 12 balls
For the bread coating:
- 1 cup Rice Chex
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
For the Quinoa Bites:
- 1/2 c. dried quinoa, cooked with 1 c. water
- 2 Tb gluten-free flour
- 1 Tb flaxseed meal + 2 Tb water, let sit for 5-7 min
- 1 Tb sundried tomatoes (in oil), diced
- 1 Tb non-dairy cheese of choice (optional)
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped finely
- 1 tsp non-dairy milk
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Allow oil to fully heat up.
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Form into balls with hands and coat with bread crumb mix.
- Place into skillet and cook on all sides until golden brown.
- Allow to drain on a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle salt to season immediately.
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce.