For the past several birthdays, it has become a tradition that I always ask for a pumpkin pie to celebrate instead of the traditional birthday cake just because it’s that time of year to get them…and I love me some pumpkin pie.
So today is no different.
I bring to you a Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie that is gluten, egg and dairy-free…but for me, this is my birthday cake. Happy 34th to me 🙂
Mini Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Gluten, egg, soy, and dairy-free
Makes 4 individual pies
- 1 can pumpkin
- ½ c. cashews (soaked 1 hour)
- ½ c. rice milk (plus more for blending)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 3 Tb brown sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- My gf crust (use ½ batch)
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Prepare gluten-free crust as recipe suggests.
- Line 4 individual mini pie pans with crust. If the crust begins to tear, no worries, it is easy to press back together with your hands.
- In a blender, mix cashews and milk until smooth.
- Add pumpkin, sugar, cornstarch, and spices and blend. If you are having troubles getting it to blend, use more non-dairy milk by the tablespoon-full just until it begins to nicely blend.
- Pour filling into each pie pan.
- Bake for 25-30 min.