Welcome new theme for the week:
The greatest month ever.
The home of Thanksgiving, sure, that’s a given.
But the real celebration rolls around mid-month for the birthdate of yours truly.
(((If you have not been celebrating my birthday in the past, no worries.
It’s never too late to start a new tradition!)))
But back to Thanksgiving–
in honor of what we here call “Turkey Day”,
here is a vegan-friendly turkey
that is fun to eat
(and clear on the conscience):
The only turkey any vegan will eat…
I actually ate this for my lunch yesterday
and I must say that it didn’t make me drowsy one bit!
He was almost too cute to eat…
Baked Potato “Turkey” Recipe
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- body: 1 small russet potato (cook in microwave until softened yet still firm)
- head: 1 extra small potato (cook in microwave until softened yet still firm)
- nose: carrot, sliced into a triangle
- tail feathers: broccoli florets
- eyes: 2 chives slices (held on by vegan cream cheese)
- wattle: 1 piece of parsley
- plate of lettuce
- 1 toothpick (to hold head and body together)
Assemble your Turkey together, admire, then chow down–knowing that no real turkeys have been harmed.
That little wattle just does it for me, wouldn’t you say?
I’m giggling over here.