This has been a big year for me. A lot changes have occurred, incredible ones, that I am left reflecting on as 2015 comes to a close. My business really began to take off in exciting new ways, I got married, I finally started watching The Walking Dead (very important), and my husband and I just moved into an amazing spot away from all of the LA craziness. What a difference 25 north miles can make on your soul! All of that goodness and I still found the time to make silver dollar-sized vegan cinnamon roll pancakes! I know. Where do I find the time?
Doesn’t it feel like the older you get the more of a flash each year seems? So much goodness happened this year yet it all just feels like a blur. I need another year just to process. I think this is what I love about being in the kitchen so much. That is my time to process and think about my feelings, my thoughts, and how my beliefs change. So having the opportunity to make vegan cinnamon roll pancakes (which by the way, why did it take me so long to create these?) allows me to reflect on how similar they are to life (bear with me): Not too sweet on the outside, just right, satisfactory; but the more you dig in, you’ll find a mound of sweetness waiting for you with each bite. And if you’re lucky, you’ll find a drizzle of sugary goodness on top; just an added bonus to top off the tastiest breakfast.
Or how about we just eat the dang pancakes and not philosophize over them? Sorry guys, I get a little ridiculous at times…
Easy-to-Make Vegan Cinnamon Roll PancakesPrint
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 12 pancakes 1x
- 1 1/4 c. Enjoy Life Pancake/Waffle Flour Mix
- 1 1/4 c. nondairy milk
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
For the Cinnamon Swirl:
- 2 Tbsp. nondairy butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
For the Icing (optional)
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. nondairy milk
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Whisk together the swirl filling and have it ready to go in a piping bag or plastic baggie with a small slit cut out of the corner.
- Stir together the pancake ingredients until you have a thicker batter formed. Drop a heaping tablespoon of batter onto the heated skillet.
- Immediately add the cinnamon swirl to the top of the pancake. Flip over when air bubbles form and the sides of the pancake are firm. Because these are so small, they will cook fast. Repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Stack in a tower and lightly drizzle with icing (optional).
Let us raise our forks and say here’s to an amazing 2016!
Definitely want to try and make these! Can’t find the Enjoy Life Pancake/Waffle Flour Mix 🙁 Is there anything I could substitute for this? Thank you!! Love your website.
You can purchase the mix online Abby 🙂 If you can’t wait, however, try a gf flour blend and possibly add xanthan gum to keep from falling apart.
Kelly // The Pretty Bee: Allergy Friendly Eats
These look so delicious, Cara! I’m glad you had a great year. Here’s to a great 2016!
I. Need. This. Pancake. Now. That’s best spoken in your best Captain Kirk voice. Cuz. You know. xoxoxoxo
AHAHA, I can see you in my mind talking like Kirk!
Elizabeths WholeFoods Kitchen
Hello beautiful nice post….