I think these Plant A Tree Cupcakes cover your bases for a fun, gluten free Earth Day celebration next week. And if you aren’t satisfied enough with this idea, rest that weary little head of yours because these will knock your socks off for sure. Or what about these? And if those don’t do it for you, well I have a little collection going here for you to check out. But wait, before you go, don’t you want to see how you can plant a tree this Earth Day with cupcakes? I thought you would. Here’s how you do it:
All you need is one recipe for gluten, egg, and dairy free chocolate cupcakes. Coat them with a basic chocolate frosting and top with cacao nibs (because no tree can grow without really good soil). Set it outside and wait for the magic to happen. Eventually the clouds will roll around…
And from those clouds, moisture will swell up and the rain will begin to pour down. You know what they say: April showers bring May flowers. Or trees… Oh, what is that? Is that a little sprout forming? Grow little tree, grow! It’s working! Keep raining!
Before you know it, the sun has come out again and your little sprout will continue to grow until he becomes a grown up tree. And that is how you make Plant A Tree cupcakes. The end. It’s a rather short story, yes.
Your on your way to create Plant-A-Tree cupcakes! See how they are done here:Print
Plant A Tree Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins
- Total Time: 38 mins
- Yield: 10 cupcakes 1x
- 1 recipe gluten free chocolate cupcakes
- cacao nibs
- basil or mint sprigs
For chocolate frosting:
- 1/4 c. non-hydrogenated shortening
- 1/4 c. dairy free butter
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. dairy free milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Follow the recipe here for the chocolate cupcakes.
- For the frosting, whip the butter and shortening together with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Alternate between adding the sugar and cocoa powder. Add the milk and vanilla and whip until fluffy. If it isn’t fluffy enough, add another tablespoon of milk.
- After the cupcakes have fully cooled, coat the tops with the chocolate frosting.
- Add the cacao nibs and a basil or mint sprig for the sprout coming out.
- Serve in cute mini terracotta pots (optional).
Are we friends on Instagram yet? I’d love to see you over there! Be sure to tag me @forkandbeans and #forkandbeans in all of these creations of mine you remake. I love seeing them!
Those are just precious! I have to go on a sugar cleanse for a while, but I will make these for an upcoming event for others to enjoy!
Good luck with the cleanse and have fun with these cupcakes if you make them! xo
you are so cute. you are so creative and artsy. these photos are so cool. proud of the work you are doing.
Wow, well that just means the WORLD to me. Love you sweet friend.
These are just too cute!!!
Thank you so much Bianca! xo