You guys, I think we are on our 87th round of Easter egg hunts in preparation for Sunday already. I made a mistake by taking my Easter bin out early last weekend and the little man (um, he’s THREE now–I know, I’ve been gone awhile!) spotted it and immediately
wanted demanded an egg hunt. Cue to the 86 more times later…I’m egged out. But we’re preparing, you guys. Holidays are a big thing over here in the F&B’s household, (I am sure you got the feeling). and this Sunday I plan on doing a BIG egg hunt (and then put them away for another 364 days). Needless to say, I need a new Easter-themed activity so I made Macaroon Chicks to kill the time. Which, that’s all I have these days…
You can use store-bought macaroons like I did or make your own (to which I don’t have my own recipe but a simple search will steer you in the right direction). Listen to me, telling you how to use Google.Print
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: 1 Macaroon Chick 1x
- Category: Easter
- 1 store-bought macaroon
- 1/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3 whole almonds (for the wings + feet)
- 1/2 almond for the beak
- 2 chocolate chips for the eyes
- cranberry slice for the top
- Dip the bottom of the macaroon into the tempered chocolate. Place the almond feet in position and set on a piece of parchment paper to set.
- Using the remainder chocolate as the “glue”, place on the beak, wings, eyes, and cranberry top, and set into place. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.