(Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday)
Just like the crispy corner edges of brownies tend to be overlooked
for the moist, inside squares;
so are Almond Joy candy bars
for the more chewy, caramelly and texture-induced
Thank goodness that I love the corner pieces and Almond Joys!
That means more for me.
The fact that Almond Joys get a bad rap bums me out.
Why the hate towards the loveliest of candies, friends?
It’s the trifecta of bliss, really.
My mouth is literally watering as I look at this picture.
(Mind you, I have a whole batch in the other room but I’m too lazy to get up.
I prefer to adore them from afar for now).
So throw your coconut-loving friends a bone here
and make them some of these this Halloween!
They will love you for it.
Money back guaranteed.
Almond Joy Recipe
Makes approx. 15ish bars
- 1/2 c. shredded coconut + a dash on non dairy milk (optional)
- 15 almonds
- vegan chocolate (to be melted)
- candy mold
- Blend your coconut for a good 5 minutes until almost smooth. Add a dash of non-dairy milk to help it along if needed.
- Roll blended coconut into small balls, place on wax paper and freeze for 15 minutes. *8(see note if you are not using a mold)
3. Flatten balls out once out of the freezer.
4. Coat mold with a thin layer of chocolate. Place almond in it’s spot; then place flatten coconut on top. Cover the remainder with chocolate. Freeze 10 minutes and then remove from mold.
**Note: IF YOU ARE NOT USING A MOLD: instead of rolling coconut into balls, form into approx 2 in rectangles with your hands. Place an almond on top–press down gently to secure and freeze 20 minutes. Carefully dip into bowl of melted chocolate, coating each side with a spoon. Place on parchment paper and freeze until set (10 min).
To me, these are like the Klondike Bar.
I would do anything for them,
(((kinda like how Meatloaf would do anything for love)))
Act like a monkey?
Actually watch the movie, “Bucky Larson”?
Wax my facial hair?
Tap dance on the corner of the street dressed as a bumble bee?