THREE days until Halloween!
Anyone got their costumes ready yet??
Today is a special post because I am giving you 2 Halloween-inspired food ideas.
Two for the price of one?
“You must be crazy!” you are thinking.
You are right!
I am crazy.
…Crazy about Halloween (too obvious?)…
and giving you as many ideas for your Halloween-themed party as possible.
- 1 Reed avocado, mashed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 c. cilantro
- chips (I am obsessed with these non-corn chips!!!)
- black olives, sliced
- Combine guacamole ingredients together (avocado, garlic, lime juice and cilantro)
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out a small circle and place on a platter (or individual plates).
- Place a chip on each side of the guacamole for wings and two tiny pieces for ears.
- Finish with olive eyes and serve.
I destroyed each and every one of these bats.
I have a guacamole addiction so I found this without a problem to devour.
In fact it was my lunch yesterday
And for idea number two:
What kind of Halloween would this be without caramel apples?
Look, I love a caramel apple just like anyone else
but my biggest problem with them is the mess they make all over my face,
not to mention that first bite is a drag isn’t it?
Were our mouths even created to bite in such a way?
So when I saw these at the store:
I knew I had found my solution!
Not only do you not get overloaded with sugar,
but they also disappear with one bite!
Depending how dainty your teeth are…
And come on, they are mini-sized!
Everything is adorable in miniature form.
Caramel Crab Apples
Be warned: I think this is how I made the caramel sauce (I should really remember because it is seriously the best vegan caramel sauce I have yet to try!)
Accidental Peanut Caramel Sauce Recipe
(this was a failed “nougat” recipe that turned out fabulous and nowhere near nougat!)
- 1 c. MimiCreme (the best invention–thank you again, Amanda!)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 Tb Earth Balance butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tb Ricemellow Creme
- 1/8 c. peanut butter
- Place all ingredients (except Ricemellow Creme and peanut butter into saucepan).
- Slowly heat up to 236 degrees. Once it reaches this, add creme and peanut butter. Whisk until completely combined. Allow to cool for 5 minutes or so.
- Place sticks in crab apples. Dip into caramel sauce.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes. Coat with whatever topping you’d like. My favorite is chopped peanuts
- If this fails, you never should have listened to me in the first place. I’m so tired and delirious. I’m merely crossing my fingers that this was the correct recipe….
Currently starting a scrapbook of all my friends in their Halloween costumes this year.