I am the first person to admit that I am the biggest scaredy cat. I am the easiest person to scare, in fact, all you have to do is leave a room and then re-enter and chances are I will jump from fright. That is rather pathetic to admit outloud, I’m thinking…
Yet knowing this, it still does not deter me from watching shows like “Celebrity Ghost Stories” or various others pertaining to apparitions and haunted places. I should really stop this habit but sometimes I watch them before I go to bed, as if I am proving to the ghosts that may live under my bed that I am not afraid of them. Yeah, because that works Cara…
What does end up working is the light in my hallway that remains on throughout the duration of the night. Just in case…or something.
Raw Chocolate-Covered Macaroon Ghost Pops Recipe
Raw Vegan, Gluten, egg, dairy-free
Makes 6 Ghosts
- 3/4 c. shredded coconut (unsweetend)
- 1/4 c. almond flour
- 1/4 c. coconut butter (not oil–you want that nice coconutty flavor)
- 1 date, chopped + 1 Tb water (blended until paste-like)
- 2 tsp maple syrup (not raw)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 batch of raw chocolate
- 6 lollipop sticks
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor until a nice, sticky dough forms.
- Form 6 ghosts with hands. Place on a plate lined with wax paper.
- Place lollipop sticks on the tops of each ghosts.
- Gently dip each ghost pop into melted raw chocolate to coat the sides. ***I had extra chocolate left over (about 1 Tb) so I added some hot rice milk to it and it made the BEST hot chocolate, p.s.!***
- Add eyes and mouth with a toothpick dipped into the chocolate. Place on plate and set in fridge for 15 minutes.