Man, it feels so good to be back in the kitchen with my candy thermometer! It’s been 2 years since I last picked it up and I cannot believe that I forgot how much I love doing this. It’s labor-intense and time-consuming but cathartic as well. There is no better feeling than getting an almost direct gluten-free and vegan replica of the candy I used to love. Maybe I was made to be a homemade vegan Rolos maker. It is my destiny I am sure.
There is something addictive about these chocolate-covered caramels. I wondered at first why they would call them Rolos at first but then I realized that after you are finished polishing off these little boogers, you will need to be rolled out. I’m serious. You never realize how many you are eating until your belly rolls over your jeans. Hence the name for these homemade vegan Rolos. I’m pretty sure that is a true story.
If you already made the caramels, this one will be easy. Just coat it with some chocolate and BAM! You gots yourself some Rolos. Basic. Simple. Melt-in-your-mouth gooey.
- ½ batch of my vegan caramels, omit salt from recipe (see link below)
- 1 c. vegan chocolate chips, melted (I like EnjoyLife brand)
- 1 truffle chocolate mold (mine holds 14 pieces)
- Fill the mold with melted chocolate about ⅓ of the way.
- Roll pieces of the caramels (enough to fit perfectly into the mold) and place on top of the chocolate.
- Coat with the remainder of the melted chocolate.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Gently pop the candies out of the mold and eat them up!
For my Vegan Salted Caramels Recipe, click here.