Man, it feels so good to be back in the kitchen with my candy thermometer! It’s been 2 years since I last picked it up and I cannot believe that I forgot how much I love doing this. It’s labor-intense and time-consuming but cathartic as well. There is no better feeling than getting an almost direct gluten-free and vegan replica of the candy I used to love.
If you already made the caramels, this one will be easy. Just coat it with some chocolate and BAM! You gots yourself some Rolos. Basic. Simple. Melt-in-your-mouth gooey.
- 1/2 batch of my vegan caramels, omit salt from recipe (see link below)
- 1 c. vegan chocolate chips, melted (I like EnjoyLife brand)
- 1 truffle chocolate mold (mine holds 14 pieces)
- Fill the mold with melted chocolate about 1/3 of the way.
- Roll pieces of the caramels (enough to fit perfectly into the mold) and place on top of the chocolate.
- Coat with the remainder of the melted chocolate.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Gently pop the candies out of the mold and eat them up!
For my Vegan Salted Caramels Recipe, click here.