Thank you so much for visiting Fork and Beans to check out this super decadent, incredibly rich Raw Lime Coconut Pie. We are so pleased that you are here! We hope that you not only make this pie for dessert for all your loved ones and friends, but that you also enjoy every bite.
Unfortunately Cara is not in right now. Her mom is in town and while the two of them are gallivanting around Los Angeles, eating their way through the city and also shopping until they are dropping, Cara did want to thank all of you from the bottom of her heart for being some of the greatest salt on this earth. She says that it’s all because of YOU that her recent cookbook release has been a success. She was not expecting any of it and has been completely blown away by your responses to her.
If you want, leave a comment with your name, email, and website (optional). Cara would love to hear from you!
- 1/2 c. raw cashews, soaked for 4+ hours, drained
- 7 oz. coconut cream (1/2 a can)
- 1/4 c. nondairy milk
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- 1/2 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 Tbsp. raw agave or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 c. raw almonds
- 6 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- pinch of sea salt
- In a food processor, break up the almonds until it is a rough crumb/flour-like.
- Pour into a medium bowl and add the oil and salt until well-combined.
- Pour onto a pie tin and form into a crust by patting down with your hands.
- Freeze while you are working on the filling.
- Blend everything together in a high-speed blender. Adjust sweetness according to preference.
- Pour into the crust-filled pie tin. Cover with tin foil and refrigerate overnight or freeze for several hours until set.
- Cover with toasted or untoasted coconut shreds and slices of limes (optional). Just note that using toasted coconut no longer makes this raw if that is of concern to you.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
P.S. This is really Cara.