If you are looking for a new way to serve up that classic treat made up of crispy cereal and marshmallows then you have come to the right place. Turn a classic into this fun summertime, summer-themed dessert. Just like mom used to make…but covered in sprinkles and chocolate (unless your mom actually did make Rice Krispie Treats with chocolate and sprinkles) and served on a popsicle stick. A new dessert is formed: Brown Rice Krispie Pops.
The best part of these Brown Rice Krispie Pops? They are friendly for the gluten, egg, and/or dairy free little in your life. Nothing is better than being able to feed your kiddos with treats that are fun, tasty, and allergen-safe.
- 1 c. marshmallows (use Dandies for vegan)
- 3 c. gluten-free brown rice krispie cereal
- 1 Tbsp. nondairy butter
- 1 c. melted nondairy chocolate (use dark and/or white chocolate)
- 6 popsicle sticks
- Over medium heat, melt the marshmallows with the nondairy butter in a nonstick skillet, stirring often. Remove from the heat.
- Add the 3 cups of brown rice krispie cereal and mix in well.
- Divide the rice krispies into 6 sections. For each section, form a popsicle shape over a popsicle stick. Allow to fully set on a piece of wax paper.
- Coat half way with melted chocolate and sprinkles and chill until set.
Get yourself into the kitchen and have fun this summer!