This week I am going to showing you tutorials on how to make the cutest gluten free, egg free, and dairy free cupcakes to celebrate Valentine’s Day with. No need to feel left out any holiday season with cupcakes like these! Today I am showing you how to make Puppy Love Valentine Cupcakes. Once you see this video, you will be realize how easy it really is to make! All you need is:
- 1 recipe gluten free vegan vanilla cupcakes, frosted (see the recipe below)
- dark chocolate discs (I found these at Whole Foods in the baking section)
- heart-shaped red hots
- homemade googly eyes
- mini allergen friendly cookies (I used Home Free)
- Narin’s cookies (their shapes make the perfect ears for the puppies)
For the full tutorial on how to make these Puppy Love Valentine Cupcakes, watch this video:
- 1½ c. Cara's Light GF Flour Blend (or use store bought)*
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum (omit if using a gf flour mix with it already included)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¾ c. nondairy milk
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ c. vegetable oil
- ¼ c.nondairy butter
- ¼ c. non-hydrogenated shortening
- 2½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. nondairy milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 10 mini store bought gf cookies (I used Home Free)
- 10 dark chocolate discs (I found these at Whole Foods)
- 20 homemade googly eyes
- 20 Narin's cookies (these are gluten free and vegan and can be found at a specialty store)
- 20 red hots
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 8-10 cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add all of the wet ingredients together and mix with a wooden spoon until a batter forms. Your batter should resemble a pancake batter. On the thicker side but not too runny.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake liners and bake for 15-20 mins. The baking time will vary based off of your oven but you will know they are ready when you touch the tops and they are firm.
- For the frosting, with an electric mixer, whip up the shortening and buttah together until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar ½ cup at a time. It will be clumpy.
- Add the vanilla and nondairy milk until nice and fluffy. If too runny add a tablespoon of powdered sugar until firm and fluffy. Add a tsp of nonmilk at a time if too stiff.
- Make sure the cupcakes are completely cool before you frost them. Simply take a spatula, add a good heaping of frosting and smooth it down, leaving an indention in the middle. Add sprinkles on top. FROSTING TIPS: If you have troubles with spreading the frosting without taking the tops of the cupcakes off, try dipping the back of a spatula with warm water before spreading and/or freeze the cupcakes for 15 minutes prior to frosting. This will keep it from sticking to the frosting and break up the cupcake.
- Assemble the puppy face.
Be sure to stayed tuned later this coming week. I am showing you how to make the “I Love You Beary Much” Bear and the “I’m Bananas For You” Monkey cupcakes for more Valentine’s themed treats to make your loved ones who need to remain allergen-friendly. All made without gluten, eggs, and dairy!
Until then I leave you with the sound of Donny Osmond singing “Puppy Love” right at you…