We are half way through summer and by all means, we need to take advantage. It’s time for all of the summer-themed foods we can think of and what better way to celebrate this glorious time of beach fun and tans than with your very own DIY Veggie Fish Pizzas?! Using Flatout Pizza Crusts, this is one meal that takes less time to make and leaves more time to enjoy with the family in the sun.
RELATED: Lemony Hummus Crab Dip
What you’ll need to make these Veggie Fish Pizzas:
- Flatout Rustic White Pizza Crusts
- your favorite pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese (use dairy free if allergic)
- variety of chopped veggies (the more colorful, the better)
- black olive slices for the eyes
The designs are up to you. Be creative and free with your choices; use the pizza crusts as a canvas for your veggie inspiration. And remember, there is no such thing as a dumb design! It’s all going in your belly anyway…
RELATED: Veggie Dog Sailboats
I also made a video for your viewing pleasure to check out exactly how I made these creatures. You can watch it here. Otherwise, here are the recipe instructions for creating your own easy Veggie Fish Pizzas in the comfort of your own home:
Switch up dinner and make these easy yet super fun Veggie Fish Pizzas for your kids tonight!
- 2 Flatout Rustic White Pizza Crusts, cut in half
- favorite pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese (use dairy free if allergic)
- red and orange bell peppers, finely chopped
- black olives, finely chopped
- cucumbers, sliced
- sliced black olives (for the eyes)
- Cut fish shapes out of each pizza crust half. It might help to have a cut out made to trace around. Save the scraps too! You can use them for the fins.
- Place on a baking sheet and coat lightly with the pizza sauce and cover with cheese.
- Decorate anyway you want with the veggies of your choice. Don't forget the sliced olive eye and red bell pepper fishy lips.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese becomes golden and crispy along the edges.
- Serve on a plate of lettuce coral and blueberry bubbles.
RELATED: Polenta Pizza Bites