Here we are, in the homestretch. Today is Saturday and Halloween is a mere 2 days away. The moment we have all bee waiting for! Are you ready? Do you have your costumes all set? I’ve been planning on going dressed as an avocado (with the baby bump as the avocado seed) but seeing that I’ve been so tired lately, I don’t even know if I’m going to be able to stay up in time to see any trick-or-treaters. I guess that is what happens when you are in the third trimester, approaching month 8. Can you believe it? I’m almost 8 months pregnant?! I made a Skeleton Veggie Platter to celebrate…
Isn’t he just adorable? A simple AND healthy concept for the perfect party appetizer yet still frightful enough to make your guests do a double take. The perfect Halloween food!
Here is a step-by-step photo tutorial guide on how to assemble this freaky Skeleton Veggie Platter:
- 2 small cartons of your favorite hummus
- 1 avocado
- 3 cucumber slices
- 10 snap peas
- 2 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- tri-colored baby carrots
- 1 red and yellow bell peppers, sliced
- cauliflower florets
- Slather the hummus over the platter you will be using.
- Carve out a skull face in the avocado and place at the top of the platter.
- Continue adding the veggies in place as seen above in the photo tutorial if you need help with the assembly.
- Serve with extra veggies on the side.
Want more healthy Halloween dip ideas? Here you go: