For those of us not interested in getting too technical or even turning a stove on for Halloween, have I got the perfect recipe idea! The Bride of Frankenstein really doesn’t get too much attention for Halloween these days so I thought I would showcase her best in guacamole dip and chips form.
Just makes me scream with frightful delight, wouldn’t you agree? It’s alive! It’s aaaalliiiiivvveeee! *ahem* Sorry about that. I’m known to get a bit carried away…
Now you don’t have to make the guacamole the same way I did. This is just how I typically make guacamole, nothing special so there is room for variation. Just keep two things in mind: 1). Make sure it fills up to the brim of whatever bowl you do use, and 2). Go a little easy on the add-ins you choose to use because you want her face to be as uniformly green as possible…if that makes sense. Not too lumpy or multi-colored from cilantro or onions, etc.
And that is it really. Simple. Easy. Fun yet has that perfect Halloween flare to it. Your guests will love scooping up this Bride of Frankenstein guacamole dip.
- 2 large avocados, ripened
- ¼ red onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and minced
- juice of 1 lime
- sea salt for taste
- Mash the avocado in a mixing bowl until smashed completely.
- Mix in the minced onion, garlic, and jalapeno. Add the lime juice. Season with salt.
- Place into a bowl and set on a platter.
- Assemble the face with olives and bell pepper.
- Place the chips on the platter in alternating rows.
This post is a part of Vegan Month of Food 2014. You can check out the other Vegan MoFo posts here.