Keep your kids safe, healthy, and entertained this summer with these DIY Firecracker Fruit Kabobs! Perfect for a summer BBQ, simply place the already cut up fruit on a table and allow the little ones to create their very own edible firecracker. The best part is watching them devour fresh fruit while having a good time.
RELATED: 4th of July Yogurt Bark
All you need to make these easy-to-assemble Firecracker Fruit Kabobs are:
Please note that if there will be little to no adult supervision while the kiddos are assembling these kabobs, use plastic skewers to prevent any injuries from happening. Maybe even for the adults too. Hey, I’m known to be very clumsy. You never want to give me anything sharp without being monitored, so if you are inviting me over to make these, I’ll need the plastic safe ones. Thank you.
These easy-to-make Firecracker Fruit Kabobs are the perfect go-to healthy snack for the summer:Print
- 1 thick slice watermelon, cut into triangles
- 4 thick slices cantaloupe, cut into flames on the bottom
- 1 banana, cut into 4 slices*
- 2 kiwis, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 4 strawberries, stems removed
- 4 skewers
- Make sure that when you are cutting the fruit, you are cutting thick slices so when you place the skewer through, the fruit does not break in half.
- Add the cantaloupe first, then strawberry, kiwi, banana, and watermelon top.
- Kaboom and devour.
*squeeze fresh lemon juice to prevent from browning too much if you plan on cutting the fruit and assembling later.
Looking for more kid-friendly recipes to serve at your next BBQ this summer? Check these out: