I’m on strike!
I have the touch of death in the kitchen when it comes to baking as of late. I’m failing royally at everything I have a go at. It’s the endless cycle of baking gluten, egg, and dairy-free. You can never think you have arrived because there is always something new to learn, something to tweak and revise, and something to turn into a disaster.
I need a break from sorghum flour, chia seed slurry, and xanthan gum. So old trusty candy-making comes to the rescue! Just in time for Valentine’s day, too.
Dark Chocolate Strawberry Truffles Recipe
Raw vegan, gluten, egg, soy, and dairy-free
- 1/2 c. dark chocolate, melted + 1 Tb coconut oil, melted
Strawberry Cashew Cream Center:
- 1/2 c. cashews, soak for 2 hours and drained
- 1/4 c. water
- 2 medium-sized strawberries, chopped
- 1 Tb coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp agave
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder (or regular unsweetened cocoa powder)
- Combine all ingredients for the strawberry cashew cream in a high-speed blender.
- Allow to set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a Bon-bon chocolate mold, coat with melted chocolate.
- Place a dollop of cashew cream in the center.
- Coat the rest of each mold with the melted chocolate.
- Freeze 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from molds gently and roll in raw cacao/cocoa powder. Lightly dust off.