Back in my Starbucks days (yes, I was proudly once a barista), one of my favorite drinks was the vegan White Chocolate Mocha. This was waaaaaay back in the day when I couldn’t stand the taste of coffee on its own so I needed something to alter its flavor. These days, I actually drink my coffee black and love it. It’s the way my father drank his coffee when I was a kid and I am following in his footsteps.
After buying 4 packages of non-dairy white chocolate chips it has left me thinking about all of the possibilities that could be fulfilled with their usage. If you missed it, I already started the festivities with these Cranberry Bliss Bars. (Hmmmm, I’m seeing the Starbucks pattern here–unintentional, mind you). The reality of it is that it’s been years since I have had a White Chocolate Mocha like back in the barista days but this morning was a bit chilly and my hands were freezing. The white chocolate chips were begging to be melted! So I obeyed and warmed up my paws with a hot cup of vegan Raspberry White Chocolate Mocha.
The tart flavor of the raspberries pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the white chocolate. It’s the quintessential holiday beverage that even us non-dairy consumers can enjoy.
If you do not have or want to purchase your own non-dairy white chocolate chips for whatever valid reason of your own, you can also make my homemade raw version found here.
- 1 c. strongly brewed coffee
For white chocolate milk
- 2 c. non-dairy milk
- 3 Tbsp. non-dairy white chocolate chips
For raspberry sauce
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. frozen raspberries
For raspberry sauce
- In a small saucepan, dissolve sugar and water over medium low heat. Stir often.
- Add the raspberries until melted and warmed.
- Place in a small high-speed blender and mix until smooth. Set aside.
For non-dairy white chocolate milk
- In a small saucepan, throw in the non-dairy white chocolate chips and the milk. Over medium low heat, gently warm the chips.
- Whisk continuously until completely melted and warmed. Remove from heat.
To assemble per cup
- Place 2 Tbsp. of the raspberry sauce on the bottom.
- Add approx. 1/3 c. of the strongly brewed coffee. Whisk together.
- Add 2/3 c.-1 c. non-dairy white chocolate milk and whisk.
- Top with favorite non-dairy whipped cream. Drizzle with remainder of the raspberry sauce.
- Serving Size: 2