Now this is a party I can stand behind. Pasta-themed AND gluten free at that. If you have little ones in your life, this is an incredibly fun kid-friendly party idea that includes all! Everything represented here is free of gluten, eggs, dairy, nuts, and soy. It’s a Lion Pasta Party with Ancient Harvest!
I was beside myself to throw my nieces a Pasta Party because I not only rarely get to see them but they all have certain severe food allergies so it made it all that MORE special to me. It gives me the greatest joy to be able to have a good time and be goofy with allergen-friendly foods with them and provide something that everyone could partake in. Thanks to Ancient Harvest for supplying the pasta, we put our heads together to come up with something silly and easy to do with the Veggie Curls pasta and all I could think of was a lion’s mane. Raaarrrrrrr. (I think I need to get a few kids of my own now so I can put them to use in the kitchen for me on a daily basis. Loved having the help with making the pasta).
We made crafty lion masks and even used Ancient Harvest’s Black Bean and Quinoa Elbows Pasta to string into necklaces. I mean, it’s what you HAVE to do when you are making lion pasta. No questions asked.
Those are some happy (and unbearably adorable) campers, if you ask me…Print
- 1 box Ancient Harvest Veggie Curl pasta, cooked according to directions and drained
- 1 jar favorite marinara sauce
- 4 slices gluten free bread, toasted and cut into rounds (save excess toast)
- toast crust (for the ears)
- black olives, sliced (for the eyes and eyebrows)
- peppercorns (for eyeballs)
- cucumber slices + black olive slice (for the nose)
- cherry tomatoes (for the mouth)
- After your pasta is drained, add just enough marinara sauce to light coat. We used approximately 1/3 cup.
- Place onto a plate, leaving space in the middle.
- Set toast round into the center of the plate and add the crust ears.
- Assemble face.
- Eat pasta!
And that is one rocking lions mane made from tasty gluten free pasta. Who knew you could have so much fun at a pasta party? This beast did, that’s for sure!
Lion Pasta Party success!
This post has been sponsored by Ancient Harvest. All text and opinions are my own.